I just responded to the Q, what am I up to? thought it would be fun to repost and share more broadly:
"I'm about halfway through my Christian fellowship program on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Everyone goes through the same routine: morning worship, class, shifts at the lodge, class, evening worship, dinner. The fellows are from all over (Texas, the Mid-West, Papua New Guinea, Switzerland, NY) and our classes are discussion-based. Os Guinness has been with us this week, and he's taught on apologetics, freedom, speed, and this morning it was the problem of evil after we watched a documentary on the Rape of Nanking last night. Tomorrow is our monthly day of Silence and Solitude, so I won't speak to anyone or use technology between 8:30am and 5:45pm. The format of this place is based on Francis Schaeffer's L'Abri in Switzerland where believers and non-believers come to examine the Christian faith, discuss honest questions, and do humble work to keep the place going (cook meals, etc)... many of our staff and speakers met there in the 1970's. Here we do a lot of writing, discussing, cooking and cleaning, I play music (bought a mandolin this New Years Eve!). I'm applying to go to the Hebrew University for a Masters in religious studies starting in the fall. I want to go to Israel early and take summer courses on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It's in God's hands, we will see. For now, I'm amazed by what He is doing here."
No comments:
Post a Comment