Over Christmas break, I spent 10 days in Tennessee. Since I moved to the DC area last May, I've only been back for a quick weekend visit, so it was nice to go back, see tons of familiar faces (sight for sore eyes coming off of 8 months of anonymity) and have some open time to rediscover the places I knew growing up.
A little bit of family history for you. My grandfather, Larry Johnson, along with his four brothers grew up on the Johnson farm in Scott's Hill, TN. Today, my great-uncle Carey is the Mayor, and there is a road named after my great-grandfather Coy Johnson. And I have about 412 cousins on the Johnson side, give or take a few.
On New Year's Eve, there was a big family brunch out at the farm house. My mom and I got there early, so I decided to do a little exploring...
Hey Catie! So Grandaddy told me to come look at this blog. And one of my friends at Baylor always talks about my country accent. So... I showed her this video to explain just exactly how country it is where I'm from! Haha she's from St. Louis- definitely not a country girl! Anyways, I hope you're doing great and I'm sooo glad we got to catch up a little over Christmas. Love you :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha oh how funny! Yeah, it's so weird to hear the sound of my own voice, but I really do think it was heading out to the farm that really brought it out of me! But it's always kinda hard to escape :)
ReplyDelete